Dark circles or periorbital hypermelanosis is a common problem. Ever 9 out of 10 people complain of having dark circles. It is a difficult condition to completely correct but there are therapies to reduce its appearance. Dark circles give the face a tired and sad look and makes you appear older.
- Constant rubbing of eyes
- Sunken eyes, tear trough
- Sign of ageing: loss of elasticity of skin
- Superficial location of vasculature
- Pigment deposition in skin
- Swelling under the eyes
It has also been proposed swelling causes thickening of the dermis which leads to reflection of light in different directions. This makes the skin appear darker.
Do's and Don'ts
- Treat your under skin gently. Always dab with your ring finger
- Use an under eye gel regularly to keep it hydrated
- Use baby oil to remove eye makeup
- Drink plenty of water
- Get your power checked if vision is bluras wrinkling of eyes while trying to focus can make the periorbital area worse
- Rub eyes
- Remove makeup harshly
- Excessive consumption of caffeine
- Sleep in prone position
- Sleep with makeup on
Dark circles at Dermafollix
- Elucidate the cause of dark circles
- Lightening agents
- Fillers to reduce the shallow effect.